Strix Systems is a worldwide leader, holding the top two positions in wireless mesh networking for number of radios shipped, revenues and market share according to In-Stat, Infonetics, Heavy Reading and Dell’Oro.
Strix Systems maintains an industry-leading position and continues to increase its worldwide penetration with its award-winning product line with successful deployments in public safety, municipal and rural networks, high-speed transportation, industrial enterprise and other strategic markets. Having the industry’s most advanced modular multi-radio mesh network technology, Strix Systems has achieved a track record of success delivering the industry’s most robust, resilient and high performance systems capable of installations in any environment around the world.
According to industry reports issued throughout 2007, including those from In-Stat, Infonetics, Heavy Reading and Dell’Oro, Strix Systems holds the top two positions in number of nodes or radios shipped, revenues or market share. In-Stat’s 2007 Worldwide Wi-Fi Mesh Equipment Market report ranks Strix Systems number one in revenues and two in unit shipments, Dell’Oro’s recent 2007 Wireless LAN Report places Strix Systems number two for number of radios shipped and Infonetics WiMAX and Outdoor Wireless Mesh Network Equipment reports Strix Systems as number one in market share based on revenue.
“Infonetics believes that Strix Systems is a key manufacturer and critical solution provider in the wireless mesh network industry,” said Richard Webb, Senior Analyst, Infonetics Research. “The market is accelerating and we’re now experiencing the greater penetration and ultimate benefits that solutions like Strix Systems Access/One have to offer.”
Strix Systems continues its penetration with unequaled successes around the world with notable announcements including (partial list only):
- France, France Telecom: Orange deployed Strix Access/One OWS for Wi-Fi voice and data services in the Paris suburb of Issy-les-Moulineaux. The launch of the operators first outdoor mesh network coincided with their nationwide launch of the Apple iPhone with Wi-Fi capabilities.
- USA, Massachusetts: Brookline is the first municipality in the United States to have a border-to-border multi-use first responder Wi-Fi network utilizing licensed 4.9GHz frequencies for police and fire, and standard Wi-Fi for consumers.
- USA, San Diego County, North County Transit District: Deployment of Strix Access/One OWS for the second most traveled rail line in the U.S. funded by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Sub-Sahara Africa: The leading economic force in Africa and pioneer provider of affordable mobile telephone services in Kenya, Sameer Group is distributing Strix Access/One across 42 countries in sub-Saharan Africa to enable last mile solutions.
- Korea, KT Corp: The largest high-speed internet operator in Korea, KT Corp., selected Strix Access/One to extend the high-speed NESPOT service area beyond its current indoor limits.
- India: Strix Access/One deployed in Mumbai as last-mile alternative to corporate enterprise, industrial, government, and residential customers.
- Finland: Strix Access/One deployed for City of Oulu. Today the network provides open access to over 11,000 residents. Statistics for January 2007 report 5,656 regular users, 194,170 sessions, and 8.4 million online minutes.
- Falkirk Mining: Falkirk Mining Company, subsidiary of The North American Coal Corp., the nation’s largest lignite coal producer, deployed Strix’s Access/One for first industrial mining mobile mesh network.
- Belgium: Strix Access/One deployed for first city-wide mesh network in Blankenberge. Installed in less than 2 months, the network provides commercial and municipal access.
- Netherlands: Strix Access/One wireless mesh network deployed in 10 days by Groningen Unwired and Alcadis (Strix Master VAD) to provide commercial, academic and municipal access.
- Video & Mobility Solutions: Announced its unparalleled performance for mission critical video surveillance and high-speed mobility applications and teams with industry-leading manufacturers like Panasonic, Milestone Systems, Federal Signal, ICOP and others to deliver state-of-the-art solutions to customers.